Vintage character throughout this two bedroom, one bathroom bungalow with single car garage and partial basement, plus a detached studio ideal for home office, art studio or guest room. This gorgeous home is filled with timeless details including entryway, living room and dining room with classic built-ins, stained glass and refinished wood floors throughout. Plus a big eat-in kitchen which leads out to a beautiful and peaceful rear yard. Situated in a popular neighborhood, 563 Chetwood Street is a very special place to call home!
Here's the scoop.....
* Formal living room with wood burning fireplace flanked by built-ins including the signature bungalow built-in desk.
* Formal dining room with a double french door entrance off the living room and original built-ins. A wonderful room for hosting holiday parties or great for intimate dinners.
* Kitchen is spacious with a quintessential O'Keefe and Merrit stove. Find a darling spot for the breakfast table near sliding glass doors out to the rear yard. Simple and clean, plus a nook housing the washer/dryer makes laundry day a breeze.
* Two bedrooms with good separation and large closets for the vintage of the home. Rear bedroom offers peaceful outlooks to freshly landscaped yard.
* Bathroom off the hallway retains original appeal with added updates.
* Detached studio offers the extra room needed with vaulted ceiling, big double door closet and new flooring...perfect for a home office or guest space!
* Basement and garage with work table offer plenty of storage for all your needs.
Extremely inviting rear yard featuring a small deck and a flat grassy area with lots of sun and mature trees. Fire up the grill and dine al fresco on those warm summer nights. Sweet string lights span the length of the yard, making late night BBQs possible all year long!
Centrally located and very convenient to popular Lakeshore, Grand Lake and Piedmont Avenue shops and dining. There is something for everyone...coffee aficionados can get a quick fix at numerous establishments. Mosey over to the popular Saturday farmers market, catch a movie at the historic Grand Lake theater and dine at neighborhood favorites Penrose, Homestead, and kids of all ages (you) will love Fentons. Numerous parks are nearby, plus commuters can appreciate the easy access to BART, freeways, casual carpool and bike share. The list is endless with a Walkscore of 84!
Unique Neighborhood Treats * Lake Merritt * First Friday's Art Stroll * Saturday Farmers Market * Fairyland * Boutique shops
Exclusively Listed By